Dr. Anthony Salvian
Practicing in: To be updated
#40 of 128 Surgeons (general) in Vancouver, British Columbia
BIOGRAPHY | PROCEDURES PERFORMED | MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS | EDUCATION | ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS | HOSPITAL AFFILIATIONS | MEDIA | HOBBIES & INTERESTS | REVIEWS
Dr. Anthony Salvian is a Royal College Board-Certified Vascular Specialist with special interests in noninvasive vascular investigations, emergency vascular surgery, renal transplantation and renovascular hypertension, carotid occlusive disease, and abdominal aortic aneurysm. He is also a Clinical Professor of Surgery at the University of British Columbia; Assistant Director, Diagnostic Vascular Laboratory and Active Staff at Vancouver General Hospital.
He received his Medical Doctorate (MD) in 1975, followed by the completion of his Straight Surgical Internship in 1976 from the University of Western Ontario. He completed his General Surgery Residency in 1980 from the University of British Columbia and Pathology Residency in 1980 from the Vancouver General Hospital. He also holds a Clinical Vascular Fellow within the Department of Surgery from the University of Manitoba Health Sciences Centre and a Vascular Research Fellow within the Department of Surgery from the University of California at Los Angeles, UCLA and Sepulveda Hospital, L.A.
He has published numerous papers on venous diseases and has taught medical students and surgeons-in-training for more than twenty years.
- To be updated
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- Multiple Award Winner, Including the
- KNOX Travelling Fellowship from the University of British Columbia
- H.K. Detweiller Travelling Fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons
- 2nd Prize for General Surgical Resident’s Day from the University of British Columbia
- CPU Medical Director in Vascular Surgery at Vancouver Hospital & Health Sciences Centre
- President of Vascular Surgery on the B.C. Medical Association
- Board of Directors on the B.C. Medical Association
- Consultant for the B.C. Children’s Hospital
- Consultant for the Cancer Control Agency of B.C.
- Consultant of the Holy Family Rehabilitation Centre
- Past Director on the Non-Invasive Vascular Laboratory at University of British Columbia Hospital
- Clinical Professor at the University of British Columbia
- Taught Medical Students and Surgeons-in-Training for over 20 Years
- Has been a Repeatedly Invited to talk on Radio Shows
- Frequent Guest Speaker/Lecturer
- Scientific Researcher/Publisher
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
- To be updated
Submitted March 30, 2015
Submitted Oct. 6, 2014
Submitted April 9, 2013
The reviews listed above are a small editorial sample of the many reviews available for this doctor on RateMDs.com at the time of publication. To view all reviews, and any more recent reviews please visit the RateMDs website as new reviews may be added at any time. Overall RateMD star rating is periodically updated and is subject to change over time. Centric Health and RateMDs are unable to guarantee the validity of user submitted reviews.