Dr. Cameron Bowman
Practicing in: To be updated
#19 of 102 Cosmetic Surgeons / Plastic Surgeons in Vancouver, British ColumbiaLanguages:
BIOGRAPHY | PROCEDURES PERFORMED | MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS | EDUCATION | ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS | HOSPITAL AFFILIATIONS | MEDIA | HOBBIES & INTERESTS | REVIEWS
Dr. Cameron Bowman is a Royal College Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, specializing in breast augmentation, at out False Creek Healthcare Centre. Dr. Bowman also serves as a clinical assistant professor within the Division of Plastic Surgery at the University of British Columbia.
Dr. Bowman received his Doctor of Medicine (MD) from the University of British Columbia. His training continued as a Resident in the Division of Plastic Surgery at the University of British Columbia, becoming Chief Resident soon after. He then accepted a fellowship position within at Department of Plastic Surgery at the University of Gent, Belgium, where he received training in the field of sex reassignment surgery. He is the only fellowship-trained surgeon doing this work in Western Canada. Bowman has authored two publications in the unique field of sex reassignment surgery.
Highly focused on his aesthetic practice, Dr. Bowman completed a two year mentorship with Dr. Donald Fitzpatrick, where he enhanced his skills in facial and body contouring. Committed in being up to date in his field, Dr. Bowman regularly attends conferences and reviews the latest publications related to aesthetics.
- To be updated
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- Only Fellowship-Trained Surgeon in the Field of Sex Reassignment Surgery in Canada
- Chief Resident for Division of Plastic Surgery at University of British Columbia
- Recipient of many awards, including:
- Best Residnet Presentation from the Northwest Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Best Poster Presentation from the 58th Meeting of Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Florence Heighway Summer Research Award from the University of British Columbia
- Produced a DVD about breast reconstruction using the TRAM flap
- Clinical Assistant Professor at University of British Columbia
- Medical student and Resident Educator
- Scientific Researcher/Publisher
- Guest Speaker/Presenter
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
- To be updated
Submitted March 10, 2015
Submitted Jan. 26, 2015
Submitted Nov. 1, 2013
The reviews listed above are a small editorial sample of the many reviews available for this doctor on RateMDs.com at the time of publication. To view all reviews, and any more recent reviews please visit the RateMDs website as new reviews may be added at any time. Overall RateMD star rating is periodically updated and is subject to change over time. Centric Health and RateMDs are unable to guarantee the validity of user submitted reviews.