Dr. James Bond
Practicing in: To be updated
#1 of 7 Cardiothoracic Surgeons in Surrey, British ColumbiaLanguages:
BIOGRAPHY | PROCEDURES PERFORMED | MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS | EDUCATION | ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS | HOSPITAL AFFILIATIONS | MEDIA | HOBBIES & INTERESTS | REVIEWS
Dr. James Bond is a general surgeon at our False Creek Healthcare Centre. He is also a Thoracic Surgeon (Chief of Division), Director of Adult Chest Wall Deformity Program, and Director of Lung Nodule Rapid Autopilot Program at Surrey Memorial Hospital.
He received his Doctor of Medicine (MD) and completed his general surgery residency from the University of Calgary. He completed his Thoracic Surgery Fellowship from the University of British Columbia. He went on to pursue his masters in Adult Education from the University of British Columbia.
Dr. Bond has 6 published works, and 3 ongoing research papers related to the field of general surgery and thoracic surgery. On an ongoing basis, he serves as a lecturer on Thoracic Surgery Updates, Medical Professionalism and Thoracic Surgery Clinical Clerkship in the Vancouver area. His most recent award includes Teacher of the Year Award from the University of BC. He is registered and licensed by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia and Medical Council of Canada.
Aside from his professional and academic career, Dr. Bond enjoys playing recreational sports such as hockey, squash and golf.
- To be updated
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- Many awards including
- 2008 Teacher of the Year Award from University of British Columbia
- 2000 Resident Teaching Award from University of Ottawa
- 2000 Canadian Association of General Surgeons / Merck Frost Resident Award for Teaching Excellence
- 1999 Canadian Association of General Surgeons / Merck Frost Resident Award for Teaching Excellence
- 1998 Clinical Excellence Award from University of Ottawa
- Directors at Surrey Memorial Hospital
- Professionalism Chair at University of British Columbia Department of General Surgery Resident Executive Committee
- Assistant Professor at University of British Columbia Department
- Chief of Division Thoracic Surgeon at Surrey Memorial Hospital
- Director of Adult Chest Wall Deformity Program at Surrey Memorial Hospital
- Director of Lung Nodule Rapid Autopilot Program at Surrey Memorial Hospital
- Scientific Researcher/Publisher
- Vancouver Sun: James Bond: a Surrey Surgeon on a Daring Mission – 2013
- Surrey Hospital Outpatient Centre Foundation: Surrey Memorial Hospital Lung Cancer Patients can Breathe Easier Thanks to a Canadian First – 2013
- Frase Health: Dr. James Bond’s Innovative Rib Fracture Program Saves Lives and Improves Quality of Life – 2012
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
- Weight Training
- Home Renovations
Submitted Aug. 19, 2015
Submitted Aug. 6, 2015
Submitted Nov. 5, 2014
The reviews listed above are a small editorial sample of the many reviews available for this doctor on RateMDs.com at the time of publication. To view all reviews, and any more recent reviews please visit the RateMDs website as new reviews may be added at any time. Overall RateMD star rating is periodically updated and is subject to change over time. Centric Health and RateMDs are unable to guarantee the validity of user submitted reviews.