Dr. Jerry Chen
Practicing in: To be updated
#9 of 17 Vascular Surgeons / Phlebologists in Vancouver, British ColumbiaLanguages:
BIOGRAPHY | PROCEDURES PERFORMED | MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS | EDUCATION | ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS | HOSPITAL AFFILIATIONS | MEDIA | HOBBIES & INTERESTS | REVIEWS
Dr. Jerry Chen is a Vascular Surgeon with special interests in Open and Endovascular Aortic Aneurysm Surgery, Carotid Surgery for Stroke Prevention, Complex Venous Interventions, Minimally Invasive Venous Therapy for Varicose Veins, and Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease Interventions. Aside from practicing at our False Creek Health Centre, he is also the Division Head of Vascular Surgery at the University of British Columbia and Vancouver General Hospital.
He received his Medical Doctorate (MD) from the University of Manitoba in 1984, followed by the completion of his residency in General Surgery in 1994. He completed the Robert C & Patricia F Rodgers Vascular Research Fellowship in 1996 and Fellowship in Clinical Vascular Surgery in 1997 from the University of British Columbia. He also holds a Master’s of Science in Physiology and Surgery from the University of British Columbia. He completed his Endovascular Surgery Research Fellowship in 1997 from the UCLA, Harbor Medical Centre; G.B. Ong Visiting Fellowship from the University of Hong Kong in 1998; and Clinical Endovascular Fellowship from the University of Pittsburg.
His most recent awards include Fifteen Years of Service at Vancouver General Hospital, 2012. He also serves as a reviewer for the Canadian Journal of Surgery and the Journal of Vascular Surgery.
- To be updated
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- 2012 Recipient for Fifteen Years of Service from the Vancouver General Hospital
- Recipient of the John Provan Award for Education, Canadian Society for Vascular Surgeons
- Division Head of Vascular Surgery at the University of British Columbia
- Division Head of Vascular Surgery at the Vancouver General Hospital
- Examiner for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Clinical Professor at University of British Columbia
- Past President at Pacific North West Vascular Society
- Past President at the Canadian Society for Vascular Surgery
- Reviewer for the Canadian Journal of Surgery and the Journal of Vascular Surgery
- Repeated Guest Speaker on the Chinese Health Radio Talk Show AM1320
- Scientific Researcher/Publisher/Reviewer
- Journal of Vascular Surgery: Open vs Endovascular Repair of Blunt Traumatic Thoracic Aortic Injuries – 2010
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
- To be updated
Submitted June 7, 2013
The reviews listed above are a small editorial sample of the many reviews available for this doctor on RateMDs.com at the time of publication. To view all reviews, and any more recent reviews please visit the RateMDs website as new reviews may be added at any time. Overall RateMD star rating is periodically updated and is subject to change over time. Centric Health and RateMDs are unable to guarantee the validity of user submitted reviews.