Dr. Nancy Van Laeken
Practicing in: To be updated
#26 of 102 Cosmetic Surgeons / Plastic Surgeons in Vancouver, British ColumbiaLanguages:
BIOGRAPHY | PROCEDURES PERFORMED | MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS | EDUCATION | ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS | HOSPITAL AFFILIATIONS | MEDIA | HOBBIES & INTERESTS | REVIEWS
Dr. Nancy Van Laeken is a Royal College Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon with special interests in reconstructive microsurgery, specifically facial nerve reconstruction following trauma, tumor removal or congenital deformities. She also enjoys performing aesthetic surgery and breast reconstruction. Working from our False Creek Surgical Centre, she also serves as a Clinical Professor in the Division of Plastic Surgery at the University of British Columbia.
Dr. Van Laeken received her Medical Doctorate (MD) from the University of Ottawa and completed her Residency in Plastic Surgery at the University of British Columbia. She also completed advanced training in Reconstructive Microsurgery at the University of Toronto.
With decades of experience, Dr. Van has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 10 Doctors and was nominated for 2 consecutive years as one of YMCA’s Women of Distinction. Her past distinction also includes being honored as a Dame of the Sovereign Order of St. John Jerusalem, Knights Hospitaller for her humanitarian work oversees in countries including Thailand and India.
- To be updated
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- Recipient of many awards, including
- Canada’s Top 10 Doctors
- Nominated for 2 consecutive years as one of YMCA’s Women of Distinction
- C.M.U.S. Excellence in Teaching Award for Medicine Year IV from University of British Columbia
- 2x Master Teacher & Surgery Award from University of British Columbia + 1 Honourable Mention
- Best Clinical Paper from Vancouver General Hospital Research Day
- Holubisky Award from the University of British Columbia Department of Surgery
- Honoured as a Dame of the Sovereign Order of St. John Jerusalem, Knights Hospitaller for her humanitarian work oversees in countries including Thailand and India
- Head of Plastic Surgery at St. Paul’s Hospital
- Clinical Associate Professor in the Division of Plastic Surgery at University of British Columbia
- Guest Speaker/Presenter
- Scientific Researcher/Publisher/Reviewer
- Tillsonburg News: Van Laeken Honoured – 2012
- Providence Healthcare: Dinner to Acknowledge Dr. Nancy Van Laeken – 2000
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
- To be updated
Submitted May 6, 2015
Submitted Jan. 19, 2015
Submitted Nov. 7, 2014
The reviews listed above are a small editorial sample of the many reviews available for this doctor on RateMDs.com at the time of publication. To view all reviews, and any more recent reviews please visit the RateMDs website as new reviews may be added at any time. Overall RateMD star rating is periodically updated and is subject to change over time. Centric Health and RateMDs are unable to guarantee the validity of user submitted reviews.