Dr. Sharadh Sampath
Practicing in: To be updated
#1 of 14 Surgeons (general) in Richmond, British ColumbiaLanguages:
BIOGRAPHY | PROCEDURES PERFORMED | MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS | EDUCATION | ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS | HOSPITAL AFFILIATIONS | MEDIA | HOBBIES & INTERESTS | REVIEWS
Dr. Sharadh Sampath is a Royal College Board-Certified General Surgeon at our False Creek Health Centre. He is also the Head of Surgery at Richmond Hospital; the Director of the Richmond Hospital Bariatric Surgery Program; and the Founder and President of the B.C. Obesity Network.
He received his Medical Doctorate (MD) in 2003, followed by the completion of a 6 year residency program in General Surgery from the University of British Columbia. He has also received advanced laparoscopic training in the U.S. and in Europe.
He is a surgical innovator and performed the first laparoscopic gastric bypass in the lower Mainland. He also developed the first multidisciplinary surgery program for the treatment of obesity and diabetes in the province, and has four publications related to the field of general surgery.
- To be updated
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- Recipient of the Canadian Association of General Surgery Residency Award for Teaching Excellence
- Recipient of the BC Surgical Association Resident Research Award – 2nd Place
- Performed the First Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass in the Lower Mainland
- Director of the Richmond Hospital Bariatric Surgery Program
- Head of Surgery at Richmond Hospital
- Founder and President of the B.C. Obesity Network
- Organizer of the UBC General Surgery Corporate Sponsorship Initiative
- Serviced in Rural Development in India and Madagascar in 1996 and 2000
- Went on a 2 week Surgical Mission to Guatemala in 2010
- Surgical Innovator
- Clinical Instructor
- Scientific Researcher/Publisher
- BC Local News: Excellence at Richmond Hospital Awarded – 2015
- Business In Vancouver: Sharadh Sampath Forty Under 40 Winner 2014 – 2014
- CBC News: Dr. Sharadh Sampath: First to Perform Laparascopic Gastric Bypass in Lower Mainland – 2014
- BC General Surgeons via Twitter: Top 40 under 40 Dr Sharadh Sampath, General Surgeon! – 2014
- Richmond News: Bariatric surgery: Fighting the Flab with Multi-Layered Weapon – 2014
- Youtube: Canada’s First 3D Laparoscopic Operating Room – 2013
- West Coast Wood: More Hospital News: This Time They’re Going 3D – 2013
- Surgery Theater: Dr. Sharadh Sampath’s Videos – n.d.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
- To be updated
Submitted Mar. 14, 2015
Submitted Feb. 12, 2015
Submitted Oct. 15, 2015
The reviews listed above are a small editorial sample of the many reviews available for this doctor on RateMDs.com at the time of publication. To view all reviews, and any more recent reviews please visit the RateMDs website as new reviews may be added at any time. Overall RateMD star rating is periodically updated and is subject to change over time. Centric Health and RateMDs are unable to guarantee the validity of user submitted reviews.