Balloon Sinuplasty is a minimally invasive treatment used to treat Chronic Sinusitis.
Chronic Sinusitis (also called rhinosinusitis): refers to long-term (12 weeks or greater) swelling and inflammation of the sinuses (mucosal tissue). Chronic sinusitis is often associated with two or more of the following symptoms and in some patients does not resolve with medical management.
Chronic Sinusitis Symptoms
Sinusitis symptoms may include two or three of the following:
- Tenderness and swelling around the eyes, cheeks, nose and forehead
- Sinus pressure or congestion
- Sinus Headache
- Difficulty breathing through the nose
- Loss of the sense of smell or taste
- Yellow or green mucus from the nose
- Teeth pain
- Sore throat from nasal discharge
- Bad breath
Ballon Sinuplasty Treatment
Balloon Sinuplasty is a procedure available in Vancouver at the False Creek Healthcare and is used to treat Chronic Sinusitis. Chronic Sinusitis is best diagnosed by an Otolaryngologist-Head and Neck surgeon (ENT) who has the ability to determine the best sinusitis treatment options for you. If you have been diagnosed with chronic sinusitis and are not responding to medical treatment such as antibiotics, you may be a candidate for sinus surgery. There is now a less invasive option used by Otolaryngologist-head and neck surgeons to treat chronic sinusitis that is clinically proven to be safe, effective and improve the quality of your life.
Balloon Sinuplasty (BSP) is a safe and effective “minimally invasive” procedure for chronic sinusitis patients who are not responding well to medications and are seeking relief from uncomfortable and painful sinusitis symptoms.
With Balloon Sinuplasty, a surgeon opens inflamed sinuses in the same way Cardiologists open up blocked arteries during balloon angioplasty. The procedure is less invasive than traditional sinus surgery, yet effective at relieving symptoms of chronic sinusitis. Balloon Sinuplasty allows patients to return to normal activities quickly. Unlike traditional sinus surgery, it does not remove bone or tissue from the nose.
Learn more about Centric Health Balloon Sinuplasty
The benefits of Balloon Sinuplasty include:
- More than 150,000 patients have been treated safely with Balloon Sinuplasty.
- Over 95% of patients who’ve had the procedure say they would have it again.(1)
- While recovery time varies with each patient, people can quickly return to normal activities.(2)
- Long-Term Outcome Analysis of Balloon Catheter Sinusotomy: Two-Year Follow-Up http://oto.sagepub.com/content/139/3_suppl_1/S38.abstract Raymond L. Weiss, M.D., Christopher A. Church, M.D., Frederick A. Kuhn, M.D., Howard L. Levine, M.D., Michael J. Sillers, M.D., Winston C. Vaughan, M.D. Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery September 2008, Vol. 139 (3S3): S38-S46
- Balloon Catheter Sinusotomy: One-Year Follow-Up Outcomes and Role in Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery http://oto.sagepub.com/content/139/3_suppl_1/S27.abstract Frederick A. Kuhn, M.D., Christopher A. Church, M.D., Andrew N. Goldberg, M.D., Howard L. Levine, M.D., Michael J. Sillers, M.D., Winston C. Vaughan, M.D., Raymond L. Weiss, M.D. Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery September 2008, Vol. 139 (3S3): S27-S37 .